David Jones, artist and poet (1895-1974) begins his PREFACE TO THE ANATHEMATA :

'I have made a heap of all that I could find.' (1) So wrote Nennius, or whoever composed the introductory matter to Historia Brittonum. He speaks of an 'inward wound' which was caused by the fear that certain things dear to him 'should be like smoke dissipated'. Further, he says, 'not trusting my own learning, which is none at all, but partly from writings and monuments of the ancient inhabitants of Britain, partly from the annals of the Romans and the chronicles of the sacred fathers, Isidore, Hieronymous, Prosper, Eusebius and from the histories of the Scots and Saxons although our enemies . . . I have lispingly put together this . . . about past transactions, that [this material] might not be trodden under foot'. (2)

(1) The actual words are coacervavi omne quod inveni, and occur in Prologue 2 to the Historia.
(2) Quoted from the translation of Prologue 1. See The Works of Gildas and Nennius, J.A.Giles, London 1841.


17 February 2017

I’m looking at two United States and one United States, and I like the one that both parties like. (Generation Whatever)


We listened last week to ABC.RN's Future Tense
about Business Corp(se) and their Theatre of the Cult of Happiness. 

Then, this week, to If They're Happy, I'm Happy/
The Art of the Deal routine from President Trump. 

Now, Pharrell Williams' 2014 pop hit 'Happy' reads retrospectively weirdly predictive :   

It might seem crazy what I am about to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take a break
I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air, like I don't care, baby, by the way
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do

Speaking alongside Benjamin Netanyahu, US president appears to dismantle years of policy by saying he is looking at multiple options for peace

- The Guardian (15 Feb 2017)


Here come bad news, talking this and that (Yeah!)
Well, give me all you got, don't hold it back (Yeah!)
Well, I should probably warn ya, I'll be just fine (Yeah!)
No offense to you, don’t waste your time
Here's why...
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do
     
"So, I’m looking at a two state and one state, and I like the one that both parties like. I’m very happy with the one that both parties like. I could live with either one. I thought for a while the two state looked like it may be the easier of the two, but honestly, if Bibi [Netanyahu] and if the Palestinians, if Israel and the Palestinians are happy, I’m happy with the one they like the best."

- President Donald J Trump (15 Feb 2017)
      
(Happy)
Bring me down… can't nothing…
(Happy)
Bring me down… my love is too high…
(Happy)
Bring me down… can't nothing…
(Happy)
Bring me down, I said
(Happy, happy, happy, happy)
Bring me down…can't nothing…
(Happy, happy, happy, happy)
Bring me down… my love is too high…
(Happy, happy, happy, happy)
Bring me down… can't nothing…
(Happy, happy, happy, happy)
Bring me down, I said


"We are seeing two different Americas right now."

- Jo Ingles, Ohio based journalist speaking on BBC Impact 17 Feb 2017 



Think (Black Flag)

- William Copley, 1967
  
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do
[x2]
(Happy, happy, happy, happy)
Bring me down… can't nothing…
(Happy, happy, happy, happy)
Bring me down… my love is too high…
(Happy, happy, happy, happy)
Bring me down… can't nothing…
(Happy, happy, happy, happy)
Bring me down, I said

"What do we mean when we say 'the press' or 'the media'? That's a lot of outlets. That's a lot of people. And the politicians like to paint the media with a broad brush, but it ain't necessarily so. One odd thing about Trump's claims concerning Flynn and the media, is that Trump himself fired the man. He didn't have to. Flynn could be at his side today, or for the next four years, or whatever the duration of the Trump Presidency will be. So, the President has a certain talent : He's acting like some sort of bystander in the matter of Flynn, when the reason Flynn fell is that Trump, the President fired him."

Jay Nordlinger on 'Planet America' (17 Feb 2017)


TAR gallery guide in the role of The Bystander at The Judgement of Solomon by Peter Paul Rubens, Statens Museum for Kunst, Denmark
Theatre of the Actors of Regard 
detail 
A Person Looks At A Work Of Art/
someone looks at something... 
         
LOGOS/HA HA